Thursday, April 3, 2008

Kidspiration


I downloaded the program "Kidspiration" and interacted with some of their activities as if I was a student at first. I found this program to be really fun and easy. Once i started to switch into teacher mode I found it hard to create my own activity page until I used the tutorials on the "Atomic Learning" website. By listening and watching step by step instructions from the Atomic Learning site, creating my own on Kidspiration became an ease to me. The only differences that I saw in the tutorials were different layouts, pictures, and sounds. However, the whole concept of creating an activity for students was the same and icons were easier to use.
I feel that creating my own activity page on kidspiration has given me an incentive to use this program in my own classroom. I would like to be able to use this type of tool to teach my students math activities, language arts, science and social studies. I would like to create a particular activity page that my students can use in the classroom to interact with.
The atomic learning tutorials were really helpful. Without using them at first creating my page was very confusing. I did not know where to start. This website is a great source for teachers, or others to help them with using kidspiration or other educational websites. The only thing that I disliked about the website was that it was a little hard to navigate throughout the links. I felt that you had to go around different paths to finally get to where you wanted; at least that is what happened to me.

No comments: