Thursday, April 10, 2008

Journal # 6 imovie review

I absolutely loved making the imovie. I have never done anything like this before and I found it so fascinating that I could make a movie similar to those you see on the T.V. or movies. The software was somewhat easy to use after I got the hang of it. We used video clips taken by professor Heil and music that was also provided by our professor. We got to cut things out, switch up the contrast of the clips, and play around with the order of the music using the different editing tools on the software. At first, the software was a bit confusing. When I was trying to cut down one of my the slides in the first part of my movie it would cut too much and then I wasn't able to gain the original back. Until I practiced and asked for more assistance I got the hang of the project and how to edit correctly. It was difficult for me to catch on right away but the software is pretty easy to use once you know what you are doing. It is a great software to experiment with. Just make sure you have your files backed up in case you lose something.

1.How could I use this software in my classroom? I feel that now that I am knowledgeable of this software, I would like to use it in my future classrooms for creating memories of my students' progress and also incorporating curriculum into it. It is a fun and creative software that can be helpful in the educational system. Not to mention a great resource for colleagues by sending it via email or posting the videos on a website.


2.What grade level or levels could benefit from this software? I feel that this software would only benefit children ranging from maybe 5th grade up to high school. I do not think students under 4th grade would be able to grasp the concept completely. For my personal experience, I plan to do a lot more movie making in the future with this software. It was way too much fun to only use once.

No comments: